Cookies PolicyRead carefully.
Cookies and similar technologies do not, however, allow us to systematically collect data that could identify the users of our Website. They help us to improve the functioning of our Website, to better respond to the interests of our users, and to measure how effectiveness of the content of our Website.
We are legally required to request your consent for the use or storage of cookies and similar technologies on your computers or mobile devices. This section on cookies gives you clear and complete information about the cookies we use and their purpose.
What is a cookie
The term 'cookie'
Types of cookies
Cookies can be divided according to their origin, their function and their lifespan.
- Own cookies are cookies that the owner of the visited website places.
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by an organization other than the owner of the website you visit. This could include cookies that are created by an enterprise specialized in the analysis of websites and that the owner of the website visits data about the frequency of visitors on his site.
- Functional cookies are cookies that ensure that the Website functions properly (e.g., cookies for log-in or registration, language preferences). Functional cookies are logically own cookies.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have no relation with the purely technical support of the Website. Cookies with static purposes allow you to check which pages of the Website you visit, where your computer is located etc. Cookies with social purposes make it possible for the user to share the content of the visited Website via social media directly with others. Cookies with targeting purposes allow you to build a profile based on your surfing behavior so that the displayed advertisements are tailored to your interests. Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user. Non-functional cookies may be own cookies or third-party cookies.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of the Website. Cookies with static purposes allow you to check which pages of the Website you visit, where your computer is located etc. Cookies with social purposes make it possible for the user to share the content of the visited Website via social media directly with others. Cookies with targeting purposes allow you to build a profile based on your surfing behavior so that the displayed advertisements are tailored to your interests. Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user. Non-functional cookies may be proper cookies or third-party cookies.
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on the device of the user for the duration determined in the cookie and thus also after you have closed your browser. They are activated each time the user visits the Website that has placed this cookie (e.g., cookies placed by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics etc). Most non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify the actions of a user and to link them together during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and ends when they close the browser screen. Session cookies are temporarily placed. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies will be deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
These are cookies that remember your country and language preference and your customer segment. It is also a cookie that remembers the state of your shopping cart during an order, as well as the cookie that keeps track of whether you have already been asked to participate in a survey so that we do not submit the same survey every time.
Performance / Analytical cookies
We use performance cookies to collect information about the use that visitors perform on our website with the intention to improve the content of our website, to adapt more to the wishes of visitors and to increase the user-friendliness of our website.
Cookies for behavioral targeting / remarketing
These cookies do not contain personal data.
Cookies for social media
For our marketing campaigns on Facebook, we use the "Pixel" tool, which integrates a cookie created by Facebook into some of our web pages. With that "Pixel", Facebook can follow the actions of its users from an advertisement on the social network to a web page on our website. Facebook will then be able to recognize the user on its platform, who visited the web page in question, provide customized services and place more targeted advertisements. Incidentally, data processing does not apply to those who are not on Facebook. Read more about how Facebook collects, processes and uses data and about possible settings to protect your privacy in the Facebook user data policy.
We point out that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your web browser. To better understand these settings, the following links can be useful. If not, you should consult the 'Help' function in your web browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Cookie settings in Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Cookie settings in Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Cookie settings in Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265